Laboratory Technician at STAMIGOLD
STAMIGOLD Company Limited – Biharamulo Mine is a subsidiary company of the State Mining Corporation (STAMICO) operating a gold mine. The Mine is located in the Biharamulo Forest Reserve, South West of Mwanza in Kagera Region. In order to run the mine effectively and efficiently, the Company invites applications from qualified candidates to fill the existing vacancies as detailed below: –
Work Station: Biharamulo Mine Site
Contract Duration: One year, subject to renewal
Laboratory Technician (01) Post
Duties and Responsibilities
- Keeps safe custody of laboratory equipment and chemicals/reagents;
- Prepares and ensures laboratory chemical reagents, equipment, instruments and apparatus for mineral testing are in place as needed;
- Records all received samples from the mines in a sample log book;
- Prepares reagents and equipment needed for laboratory operations and sample analysis;
- Cleans and keeps the laboratory in neat and proper condition;
- Cleans laboratory equipment and apparatus after use;
- Arranges properly equipment, instruments and apparatus in the laboratory;
- Performs other duties as assigned by immediate Supervisor.
Able to work under pressure with minimum supervision;
Able to complete tasks in a timely manner at desirable standards;
Able to promote safe work practice at work place.
Form four level of education with technical certificate from a recognized Institution in laboratory or related field;
At least one year experience in the same field preferably to the mining sector.
How to Apply
All interested candidates are invited to send their applications with detailed current curriculum vitae(CV), and academic qualifications on [email protected] addressed to:
The General Manager
P.O. Box 78508
Dar es salaam
All Applications should reach the aforementioned within 14 days since the appearance of this advert. Applicants should also write the position title in subject heading. Deadline 03, August 2019.