National Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist at FAO
National Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), leads international efforts to alleviate hunger, eliminate poverty and achieve food and nutrition security for all. At present, FAO is supporting a number of interventions related to Agriculture (crop, Livestock, Fisheries & Forestry) development. FAO is seeking to hire a national Monitoring Officer. The Monitoring and Evaluation officer will be responsible for all country project activities and reporting of progress towards achieving projects outputs.
The National Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist reports to the FAO Representative under direct supervision of the Assistant FAO Representative (Programme)
Tasks and responsibilities:
- The National Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will undertake the following duties:
- Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Tanzania and working closely with the Assistant FAO Representative
- (Programmes), the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will perform the following duties:
- Regularly review, implement and maintain FAO Tanzania monitoring and evaluation system, which includes: developing M&E work plans, designing monitoring and reporting tools, templates and guidelines;
- Manage the M&E functions of all FRURT major projects and provide quarterly alerts on levels of progress; and risks of projects implemented;
- Review and Monitor project work plans to ensure implementation and reporting;
- Analyse monitoring data and produce reports that show progress in achievement of outputs and outcomes, reasons for not achieving results and recommendations for improvement and lead the process of dissemination and suggest avenues and modalities for implementation of findings and recommendations;
- Liaise with communications officer and AFAOR – Programmes to document good practices, success stories and lessons learned for organizational learning and improvement;
- Take lead in the maintenance of M&E systems; including tools, databases as well as the continuous provision of information from monitoring data;
- Design a monitoring tool for FRURT Resource mobilisation efforts towards the CPF and regularly provide progress reports on this aspect
- Design monitoring tools to support easy identification of impacts of training undertaken through various FRURT projects
- Work closely with the Programme team, to undertake monitoring of FAO’s UNDAP activities and assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual implementation reports per UNDAP requirements;
- Undertake other duties as might be assigned by the FAO Representative
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Master’s degree in Economics; Social Science; development studies; Agriculture; Natural Resources Management or related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in design and implementation of M&E in development projects implemented by National/International bodies. Experience in Programme Management and implementation.
Candidates should be Tanzanian;
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
5 years working experience in monitoring and Evaluation or related field
Demonstrated ability to work effectively with programme team
Experience with monitoring and evaluation systems;
Academic qualifications; Relevant Advanced university degree
Extent and relevance of work experience;
Excellent communication skills.
FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: [email protected]
Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website:http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile.
We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: [email protected]