Operator 1 – Equipment (Gold Room) at Geita Gold Mining Ltd December, 2021
Operator 1 – Equipment (Gold Room) at Geita Gold Mining Ltd December 2021
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Goldfields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance-driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Operator 1 – Equipment (Gold Room)
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time contract
Re Reporting to Senior Supervisor – Gold Room.
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The purpose of this role is to run the Gold Room circuit per GGM safe operating procedures, expected to achieve the company targets set by the senior supervisor, Gold Room operator is required to carry out inspections on the tools and equipment usage and report Hazards and unsafe condition to your Snr Supervisor. Gold Room Operator is required to assist in cleaning & calcination of Cathodes. Smelting, Boxing, and Bullion Shipment and maintaining a high standard of housekeeping to minimize risks. The Gold Room operator is under the supervision of the Gold Room Senior Supervisor who reports directly to the senior supervisor.
- High school certificate or Diploma in Mineral Processing Engineering
- Previous Gold room, gravity recovery, and gold processing plant operational experience for a minimum of 5 years
- Knowledge of Metallurgical processes and how the various units of the circuit operate
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Always act in a manner that seeks to enhance the safety culture and performance of GGM and ensures that the vital behaviors are always adhered to.
- Work safely in all areas, identify potential safety hazards, and work with management to correct hazards.
- Attending compulsory safety courses and meetings adhering to all safety standards.
- To ensure accuracy in equipment operation, including electrowinning cells, filters, smelting furnace and calcine ovens.
- Participating in both crucible/smelting pot inspection and change out.
- Charging wet concentrate into and removing dry concentrate from calcining ovens before and after drying.
- Take part in both bullion boxing and gold shipment processes with high efficiency of performance.
- Ensure calibration of weighing balances and services are performed with high priority as per schedule.
- Ensure all gold room reagents and other consumables are arranged and stored properly with their respective labels as required.
- Preparing fluxes in a good ratio as instructed by gold room supervisor.
- Assisting in the development of competencies of other employees wherever directed
- Immediately report equipment faults to prevent further deterioration.
- Safely isolate processing equipment for planned or unplanned shutdowns
- To take part in the gold shipment process whitherever required to do so.
- Clean criminal record or any other security incident
- Ability to maintain and keep confidential all gold room information, including schedules activities, equipment layout, building layout, gold information and passwords.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot problems
- Strong verbal, written, analytical and persuasive skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management
- Ability to complete repetitive tasks at a consistently high standard.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply through our recruitment portal by following the link below. Please click the link or type the URL address on a website browser to access the application portal.
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e-mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
- You will also be required to upload a cover/application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Operator 1 – Equipment (Gold Room).”
- If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website www.geitamine.com for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
- Applications should reach the above on or before 02nd January 2022 at 5:30 Pm
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
- Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
- You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including the proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing [email protected] or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com
CLICK HERE TO APPLY