Procurement Officer at International Rescue Committee December, 2022
Procurement Officer at International Rescue Committee December, 2021
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover and gain control of their future.
IRC has been present in Tanzania since 1993 and initially focused its response on meeting the needs of refugees from Rwanda, Burundi, and the Democratic Republic of Congo. Since the initial influx, IRC Tanzania has continued to tirelessly serve the needs of both refugees and host communities. In 2020, IRC Tanzania reached 250,000 people across three refugee camps and within the broader population. Our work focuses on Protection (including GBV, Women’s Empowerment, Child Protection, and Protection and Rule of Law), Education, and Health (including mental health and sexual reproductive health).
The Procurement Officer supports the IRC Tanzania country program in the procurement of goods and services for country office uses as well as items that are not available in field offices. The Procurement Officer will be responsible for ensuring that Guesthouse is well maintained.
- Make bookings and procure local, international flight tickets and accommodation for IRC staff and visitors by using PRs and TRs.
- Ensure flight tickets and accommodation for visitors are initiated by approved PRs and TRs (manual PR, TR Initiator –Admin Officer)
- Procure utilities and other in-kind benefits for DSM office and expatriate houses like DSTV. (PR initiator-Admin Officer)
- Procure repair and maintenance services for office and expert houses in Dsm. (PR initiator-Admin Officer)
- Procure house rent services- leasing for office and house premises in Dsm (PR initiator-Admin Officer)
- Procure consumables and office supplies for Dsm office (PR initiator-Admin Officer)
- Be responsible for international purchases and all other customs and courier services for overseas delivery. (PR initiator-user programs)
- Responsible for procurement of fuel and maintenance services for equipment in Dsm. (PR initiator-Dsm driver)
- Procure visa and permits for IRC TZ staff and visitors ( PR initiator-Admin Officer)
- Maintain and update donor guidelines related to Supply Chain (procurement, asset, etc).
- Update as required the IRC standards in terms of assets/equipment to be purchased.
- Monitor Supply Chain sections of budgets and track expenditure. Follow up as necessary including timely information and budgetary comments regarding any realignment.
- Finalize Procurement Plans for all grants.
- Ensure all donor reports for assets are completed and submitted to the Grants Department on time.
- Disposal of assets is reviewed annually and donor requirements are followed as necessary.
- Familiarize with various donor regulations.
- Ensure procurement is done according to IRC and/or donor regulations.
- Ensure the update of the pre-selected supplier’s list.
- Ensure transport services at Dar es Salaam are cost-efficient and reliable.
- Ensure assets and property are effectively managed, asset list is updated regularly in asset database and asset register. Ensuring assets are disposed of according to IRC and/or donor regulations.
- Attend and participate in training identified/organized by your supervisor.
- Follow any new procedures and guidelines designated in circulars from Country Director.
- Report any violations of IRC’s three core values (Integrity, Service, and Accountability) as per IRC WAY reporting mechanism. The reporting of violations is an obligation on the part of all staff members.
- Assist where necessary in undertaking activities that aim to prevent the occurrence of sexual abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries by IRC and other humanitarian workers.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor
Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement and Logistics management.
Registered and certified with PSPTB is required.
At least 2years of working experience in procurement and supply chain duties.
Past experience of working with NGO and donor-funded projects is an added advantage.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY